Food Services Department
ARAMARK provides your child with a variety of nutritious and healthy menu choices, exciting and colorful looks in the cafeterias, and nutritional educational messaging to encourage healthy eating and a well-balanced lifestyle.
All students in the Suffield Public Schools have a Food Service Account. This account must stay current with a zero or positive balance.
- All students have been assigned an ID number to access their lunch account which works like a PIN for an ATM machine
- Students will enter their ID number into a PIN pad or scan their school id card at the cash register
Parents are strongly encouraged to setup a FREE account with https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ even if you do not use it to pay for meals you can track your child’s account purchases and balance.
This account helps you keep track of your children’s lunch account, offering several wonderful features, including the ability to:
- Check account balances
- Monitor daily purchases
- Receive email notification of low account balance
To set up an account go to https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ All you need is your child’s name, student ID number, and school zip code. There is no fee to set up an account.
The following payment options are available for children wishing to purchase school lunch, milk, or snacks from the cafeteria:
Prepay to the student’s account
Prepayment is easy and convenient. It eliminates having to make sure your child has a lunch or lunch money every day. There are two ways to prepay:
- Send a check/cash - Families may prepay using a check made out to “Suffield Food Service” (please be sure to write your child’s full name and school on the check). Simply have your child bring the check to their classroom teacher (AWS/MIS) or the cafeteria (SMS/SHS). If you choose to send cash, please send in it in an envelope with the student’s full name, student number, and room number.
If you do send in a check and have multiple students, you may use the same check as long the students are in the same school. If your students are in different schools, please send in separate checks.
- Families may prepay using a credit card at https://www.myschoolbucks.com/. (Please note: a convenience fee of $1.95 is added each time a deposit is made to the account. This is a bank fee and does not profit Suffield Public Schools or Aramark.) You can distribute the payment among more than one child if you have multiple children in the district without paying an additional fee.
Sending payments daily
- Checks/Cash are also accepted daily. For AWS and MIS the money is collected in morning meeting. If you choose to send cash for an AWS/MCS student, please send in it in an envelope with the student’s full name, student number, and room number. This option is difficult for the younger students because it may get misplaced. At SMS and SHS, the cash is collected at the register.
When students do not have sufficient money in their account, they will be able to charge their lunch. However, they will only be able to charge their lunch three times. After that, if a child continues to have insufficient funds, they will be served a cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with milk and two sides (which will still be $2.65). Our food service director will send home insufficient funds notices on a weekly basis and families will be contacted again when children have a negative balance of $8.00.
Food Service Director
860-668-3810 ext 3115