Data Privacy and Security
The Suffield Public Schools follow legal requirements to ensure the safety and security of all students and staff while using digital resources.
The district complies with State and Federal legislative regulations such as the new Act Concerning Student Data Privacy (PA:16-189) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Although many regulations apply only to students, the district is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our data services. Suffield Public Schools work to invest in and develop policies and practices that give our students and staff members powerful and safe educational experiences both online and in our classrooms.
Resources for Parents/Families
- Student Privacy 101: FERPA For Parents And Students (4-minute video)
- General FERPA Guidance for Parents
- Parent Toolkit for Student Privacy
- Ferpa|Sherpa: The Education Privacy Center
- Student Data Privacy at the U.S. Department of Education
Resources for Educators