Athletics and Student Activities
The Suffield Department of Athletics strives for excellence by providing student athletes with a broad, comprehensive program that will allow them to develop an appreciation for integrity, discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship in the competitive venue of their choosing as they develop the skills necessary to reach a meaningful standard of athletic performance and community citizenship.
Clubs & Activities
Suffield Public Schools offer a multitude of extracurricular activities for students with diverse interests, from Funky Foot at McAlister to Drama Club at Suffield Middle School to Robotics at Suffield High. Individual school pages are linked below, and can also be found under each school's Parent & Student Resources menu.
Suffield students care about their community and our schools provide numerous community service opportunities. Just to name a few:
- Spaulding and McAlister Schools host annual clothing drives.
- The SMS Giraffe Club supports the CT Humane Society and Suffield Community Aid.
- SHS students perform community service through the Interact Club, National Honor Society, and more.
Suffield celebrates our students with district-wide, school-based and grade level traditions each year. Examples include:
- Our elementary and intermediate students enjoy Read Across America Day, Field Days and PTO sponsored grade level traditions.
- Middle schoolers enjoy the PTAC's Back to School Bash and 8th Grade Sock Hop.
- The senior class says good-bye and inspires our young students on the annual Senior Walk.