1110.1 - 1. Communication with the Public - A. Media Communication - (1.) Parent Involvement
Series 1000 – Community Relations
1. Communication with the Public
A. Media Communication
(1.) Parent Involvement
In order to assure collaborative relationships between students’ families and the Board of Education and district personnel, and to enable parent(s)/guardian(s) to become active partners in education, the Superintendent shall develop administrative procedures to:
- Keep parent(s)/guardian(s) thoroughly informed about their child’s school and educations.
- Encourage involvement in their child’s school and education.
- Establish effective two-way communication between all families and district staff.
- Seek input from parent(s)/guardian(s) on significant school-related issues.
- Inform parent(s)/guardian(s) on how they can assist their children’s learning.
- Utilize technology to foster effective communication between families and their schools.
The Superintendent shall periodically report to the Board on the implementation of this policy.
Connecticut General Statutes
10-221 Boards of Education to prescribe rules, policies and procedures as amended by PA 97-290, An Act Enhancing Educational Choices and Opportunities.
||October 6, 1998
||SUFFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
||May 16, 2006
Download the PDF of this Policy