1324 - 3. Public Activities Involving Staff, Students or School Facilities - A. Relations Between Public and School Personnel - (4) Soliciting Funds From and By Students
Series 1000 – Community Relations
3. Public Activities Involving Staff, Students or School Facilities
A. Relations Between Public and School Personnel
(4) Soliciting Funds From and By Students
Fund-raising activities must be approved by the School Principal consistent with the following guidelines:
- Fundraising is in connection with school-sponsored activities and projects.
- There are sufficient educational or financial benefits which will accrue to the school and/or students, either directly or indirectly, from the activity.
- The mechanics or procedures of fund-raising will neither be an unacceptable burden to teachers or other school staff members nor subject the school to inappropriate risks or responsibilities in handling funds.
- All requests for fund-raising drives must be renewed annually.
- Door-to-door solicitation without direct supervision is prohibited.
Upon approval by the Superintendent, information from recognized charitable and other organizations which could eventually result in voluntary student and/or parental activities, contributions, or membership of benefit to the organization may be distributed through the schools. In these instances, the distribution of materials would be the only school involvement on behalf of the organizations.
There shall be no direct solicitation of funds by outside organizations from students except on specific approval of the Superintendent.
(cf. 1325 Advertising and Promotion)
||October 6, 1998
||SUFFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
|August 15, 2006
Download the PDF of this Policy