3510 - 5. Non-Instructional Operations - A. Operation and Maintenance of Facilities
Series 3000 - Business & Non-Instructional Operations
5. Non-Instructional Operations
A. Operation and Maintenance of Facilities
The care, custody, and safekeeping of all school property shall be the general responsibility of the Superintendent or his/her designee who shall establish procedures necessary to:
- provide information on the condition, location, and value of school property;
- safeguard school property against loss, damage, or undue depreciation;
- recover and restore to usefulness any school property which may be lost, stolen or damaged;
- ensure the proper maintenance and safekeeping of school property.
School maintenance shall be provided by a school system maintenance department headed by the individual responsible for the district’s facilities.
Within the schools, the Principal shall be responsible to the Superintendent of Schools for the proper care and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
The Superintendent shall report to the Board of Education on the state of the facilities annually in October or November.
Connecticut General Statutes
10-47 Powers of regional board
10-220 Duties of boards of education
||July 11, 1978
||SUFFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
November 18, 2008
Download the PDF of this Policy