3541.313REG - 5. Non-Instructional Operations - G. Auxiliary Agencies - (1) Transportation - (c) Routes and Services - (iii) Video Cameras on School Transportation
Posted 01/01/2012 09:00AM
Series 3000 - Business & Non-Instructional Operations
5. Non-Instructional Operations
G. Auxiliary Agencies
(c) Routes and Services
(iii) Video Cameras on School Transportation
Requests to review video recordings shall comply with all applicable state and federal laws and with Board Policy. All requests for review of video recordings that are considered an educational record will be as follows:
- All viewing requests must be submitted in writing. Requests for viewing will be limited to those parents/guardians, students and/or District officials with a direct interest in the proceedings as authorized by the Principal and only the portion of the video recording concerning the related specific incident will be made available for viewing.
- Written requests for viewing may be made to the Principal within three school days of the date of recording.
- Approval/denial for viewing may be made within five school days of receipt of the request and so communicated to the requesting individual.
- Video recordings will be made available for viewing within three school days of the request approval.
- Actual viewing will be permitted only at school-related sites, including the school buildings, or District office.
- All viewing will include the building Principal or his/her designee.
- A written log will be maintained of those viewing video recordings including the date of viewing, reasons for viewing, date the recording was made, location at school or central office, and signature of the viewer.
- Video recordings will remain the property of the District and may be reproduced only in accordance with the law, including applicable Board policy and regulations.
- Time lines may be altered for requests for viewing which arise at the end of a school year or prior to vacation periods.
||January 19, 2010
||SUFFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Download the PDF of this Regulation