1. Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - Transition Expo 2015 - Four Points Sheraton - Meriden, CT
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Largest gathering of secondary transition service providers, state agency personnel, and other resources to support youth in the transition to college, career, and adult life! Flyer - PDF
2. March 26, 2015 - Council for Exceptional Children's CT Division of Career Development and Transition (CEC CT-DCDT) will be offering a FREE Workshop on housing for individuals with disabilities by Dr. Linda Rammler. Dr. Rammler will be discussing the current state of housing for individuals with disabilities in CT and provide information on free resources for educators on teaching students to live independently.
"A Place Of My Own, That I Can Call Home: Information On Housing For Individuals With Disabilities."
Presenter: Dr. Linda Rammler from the UCONN University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service.
Date: March 26, 2015 Time: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Place: CREC Coltsville Building, 34 Sequassen Street, Hartford, CT http://www.crec.org/about/directions.php
Registration: Please register for this FREE workshop by March 20th. Go to this link for registration: https://sites.google.com/site/dcdtcec/workshop-registration
For Questions: DCDT Contact Person: Jennifer Kowitt - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. April 1 & 2, 2015 - Connecting the Dots: Linking Resources for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Families, and Educators, scheduled for April 1, 2015 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and April 2, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Flyer - PDF
4. YALE CHILD STUDY CENTER PRESENTS MOVING ON: PREPARING STUDENTS WITH AUTISM, ASPERGER'S AND LEARNING DIFFERENCES FOR COLLEGE
A day-long workshop for high school students, parents, teachers and others
Sunday, April 19, 2015 – Harkness Auditorium, 333 Cedar Street Flyer-PDF
5. April 30, 2015 - Westbrook, CT - 23rd Annual Conference on Serving Adults with Disabilities
The Capitol Region Education Council, in partnership with the Connecticut State Department of Education Bureau of Health/ Nutrition, Family Services and Adult Education, announces the 23rd Annual Conference on Serving Adults with Disabilities, which will be held on April 30, 2015, at the Water's Edge Resort in Westbrook, Connecticut. Please view the brochure below for additional information on the conference. Registration is available online by visiting www.crec.org/disabilities.
6. May 7, 2015 - 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Danielson, CT - CPAC Presents: Transition 101: Preparing Students with Disabilities for Success After High School. Flyer - PDF